Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Since Logan was still a newborn, we decided to host Thanksgiving at our house this year.  Jonathan's family and my dad and stepmother were there as well.  As usual, Logan fell asleep in the middle of it all! We tried a couple new recipes for the turkey and dressing and I will definitely be doing them again!  Because we didn't have a huge crowd, we only purchased a turkey breast and leg, so we cooked them in the crock pot with some chicken stock.  Wow, it was the juiciest turkey I'd ever had!!  Then, for the dressing, I also cooked it in the crock pot, using this recipe - Crockin' Girls dressing recipe.  I just didn't add the chicken like it calls for since we had the turkey.  If you're in need of a dressing recipe, I definitely recommend this one!  It was so moist and flavorful.  I'll definitely be starting a tradition with this one. Besides the usual casseroles, I also tried this cranberry almond salad, which turned out really well as well!  Here are some pictures of our day!

I was so happy to use the pumpkin and turkey that my Grandmother made as our tables' centerpieces. 

Logan with all the yummy food!  Too bad he couldn't eat any of it! 


I promise I didn't intend for us to be coordinating so well for the family picture. 

Logan sound asleep in Laura's arms while the rest of us are eating.

Silly girl playing in Logan's bouncer


No comments:

Post a Comment